CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Update

Well first thing is first, SHAWN IS HOME....FOR GOOD!!! He came home on September 8th and we couldnt be happier. Shawn has fit right back into the family life just fine! He loves being a dad, and is doing quite well with all the new adjustments of being home :)
Here are some pictures from the airport:




We have such a thoughtful ward and caring neighbors. They set up flags and hung up yellow ribbons to welcome Shawn home. It was a wonderful sight to see as we drove down the street. We've been humbled by all of the support.




Shawn decided to get some pictures of him in his uniforms before putting them away for good. I thought this pic was the cutest!



As you can see, William is still a mini Shawn. He is growing soo fast...over 4 months old now. We went to the Dr. on Monday and William weighs a whopping 13.12 pounds and is 26 inches long. It's nice to know he is growing like he should.

Since Shawn's return, we have been busy getting back into the swing of things. We've eaten out at most of the restaurants he missed while away. I am feeling pretty good all around. Now that my other half has returned, I finally feel like myself again. I didn't realize how much of a fog I was living in while he was gone, but I've noticed that I've been much happier over the last week and a half. I go in for back surgery on October 1st up at the U of U. The procedure is a microdiscectomy. It is outpatient and healing time is quick...about 5-7 days YIPEE! It will be nice to get the disc herniation taken care of so I can take care of my family the way I want to, with no limitations.

Blessings fill our lives everyday. Thanks again to all of you that have been so supportive while Shawn was away. We will forever be indebted to you!

Welcome Home to Utah Shawn!!

13 comments:

Mary said...

Welcome home, Shawn!!!
We hope that everything goes perfectly with your surgery, Suzzanne!

Kandis said...

Yeah! I am so glad my favorite military cousin is home! ;) We were praying for you Shawn the whole time so we are so glad that you made it back safe, and whole!
Good luck with your surgery Suzzanne, if you need ANYTHING let us know!

Marisa Jean said...

Yay! I've been dying to know what is going on, but I thought I'd just let you have your space before I pounced. I'm glad you posted an update. I don't know how you did it without Shawn, I really don't. By the way, I think Jonthan's first step would be to eat out too.

Good luck on your surgery Suzzanne! Let me know if I can help bring in meals or watch the kiddo or whatever you need help with during the procedure. Love ya!

Lors said...

Loved all the pictures and especially the ones with Bart and William. What a great family you all make! So glad you are all home and doing well. And lots of love Suzzanne durring your back surgary. I am glad you will be feeling good again soon.

Stephers said...

Super glad he is home safe and sound. Love the pics. Good luck with surgery, you will have to keep us all posted. I am sure it will be nice to feel normal again :)
Let us know when you are up to it and we would love to have you over for dinner!

shansen20 said...

Glad to hear things are going well. I'm glad they've scheduled surgery to get the back on its way to "normal" again. Love you Sue!

Cami said...

Welcome home!!! Oh, Sue, I bet you're so excited! I wish you guys well and have fun with the baby! Oh, and good luck Sue on your back surgury. You'll have to let me know how it went, so I can tell Lamoni. Love you!

jennie said...

I'm so glad he's home! All the way home! Probably not as glad as you are though. ;) What a sweet family you have. Good luck on your back surgery. I bet it will be nice to get back to normal! Let us know how things go when you get another few minutes!

The Eves 11 said...

Oh Yeah!!!! I was soo hoping that when I checked your blog I'd see this! I am so happy for you both and for little william to start getting to know Daddy! I LOVE that picture of them in the uniforms! I love that it was taken on 9/11. Bart, we are all so happy you are home but really proud of your dedicated service!!
We will HAVE to get together ASAP - of course you'll be trying to recover from surgery soon but we can't wait to see you all!
Sally

Sally said...

BAAAAARRRRTTTTT!!!!!!
Your home YEAH!!!!
I have missed ya big man. I miss the movies that you will see but my wife won't. Can't wait to see you and am so happy that everything went okay and you got to serve your country, yet again. Let's hookup buddy and hit some movies and double dates. You can bring little William along. Except he may have more hair than you.

Ryan

LB said...

Shawn,
We're glad you're finally back and hope to see you soon. I'm so glad they can help your back Suzanne! Modern medicine is truly a blessing - congratulations!

geminidreams59 said...

Hi Suzzanne and Shawn.. Well I too am glad to see the post and super happy your family is back together. Ive missed hearing from you but totally understand and when your able to call sometime. I will say some prayers come time for your surgery and hope it all works out great. Yes Will does look like a Mini Shawn.. He is getting big and so dang cute..

All is fine my way ..

Michelle

John-David and Kathryn said...

It is so awesome that you guys are all back together again. Congratulations.