CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

William, This Is Your Daddy!

Shawn left Iraq last Wednesday and arrived at Camp Pendleton in California on Saturday afternoon. It was very special to be there to greet him when he stepped off the bus. My mom was soo wonderful to come with me to help with the baby. We were able to stay until Tuesday afternoon. Here are a few pictures from this memorable trip.

Mom, Will and I just waiting for Shawn to arrive. I was soo nervous and excited all at the same time!!


Shawn was able to hold William for the first time. What a wonderful reunion!

Shawn brought Will a cute little bear from the base where he was stationed in Iraq.


Like father, like son. Shawn was trying to show William how to hold the remote control. They crack me up!

Two of Shawn's favorite things...William and an orange flavored snow cone that is almost as big as William.
We spent a few minutes at the beach on Coronado Island. William did not like how cold the water in the ocean was. He wouldn't stop crying until he had his warm socks back on his little feet. What a sweetheart!

13 comments:

Lors said...

Yahh! Gosh tears in my eyes! So glad you got to be together as a family. What a great reunion! But Bart, orange snow cone??? of all the flavors you choose orange??? J/K So glad you are back in the USA can't wait to see you!

Marisa Jean said...

I'm totally crying right now! I'm so happy that Shawn is back. The reunion will be one of the sweetest memories for all of you, I'm sure. William and Shawn look completely identical, it cracks me up! Oh Suzzanne, he's home! I can't believe it. You are such a strong woman--I can't believe you made it through this! YAHOOO!!!!

Aubrey said...

Holy Cow! Thay are little carbon copies of each other! I'll bet Shawn's glad to have finally met his "Mini Me." I'm glad you had a great time!

Michelle said...

I could just say ditto to what everyone else has written! I'm so glad your hubby is back in the US. I don't know if it is the matching hair or what, but they really do look like each other. Cute!

Stephers said...

I am sooooo happy for your little family. I bet it was so sweet to see Bart holding his little man for the first time. They look so much alike, maybe it is just the lack of hair??? J/K. I love those pictures, I echo Lori in saying it brought tears to my eyes as well. I am so happy for you and glad that Bart is back safe and sound :) We need to get together when things calm down and when he is back home with you. Thanks for sharing :)

jennie said...

HOORAY!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how I excited I am that he is "home". I'm so glad you were able to be there. It was so sweet to see him holding William - would have been nice to see him holding you! :) I still can't believe how much William looks like him. You look great Bart! Welcome home!

Kandis Broadhead said...

I also got tears in my eyes. I am so happy that he is back safe, and you got guys got to see him already! I always knew William looked like Shawn, but seeing them together really does make it offical...they are TWINS!
Luv ya!

shansen20 said...

So happy for you guys!

LB said...

I'm so glad you got to see him and that Shawn got to meet William! When is he home for good?

Allison said...

Those pictures are so sweet. I'm so happy for all of you guys. William definately looks like his daddy!

John-David and Kathryn said...

How happy that you are all reunited again. I hope this is permanent. Congratulations.

youngfam said...

What a wonderful day!!! I am so happy for you.

Sally said...

Yeah - I am so happy for your little family! How fun! I can't believe how big William is! They don't stay tiny for long! It's going to be so great for you and William to have him back for good! Bart! We are so glad you are on US soil! Can't wait to see you!
I found your blog through jenny's -I didn't know you made one - it's way cute!!
With both the twin bald heads your going to need to go get some prof. pictures taken how cute would that be.