CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shawn Is Leaving Iraq SOON!!

I promised Shawn that I would try not to exploit him too much on here while he is gone. But I wanted to share the good news! I talked to Shawn on Thursday and he seemed to be in such great spirits. He has moved into a transitional living unit, so I guess that they are really going to let him come home as planned. Yeah! As we were talking, I asked him when I should stop sending mail out there. You know, I can't let him run out of pink frosted cookies or rice crispy treats :) He reminded me that he will be leaving there in a little over a week and a half! YIPEE!!! I can't believe it is getting so close. That reminder truely lifted my spirits too!

Once Shawn gets back to Camp Pendleton in California, he will have a check-out period, the duration of which we do not know. He could be home by the end of August, or he may be home in October. The military can change things as they wish. All in all though, Shawn is in transition to come home and that is great progress. We are starting to plan the "Welcome Home" party to keep occupied. It will be a wonderful reunion!


7 comments:

shansen20 said...

Glad to hear the transition stage is here. I'm so happy for you guys.

jennie said...

Yay! At least he'll be in the states! (I know, not quite "home" but closer!) I'm so happy for you. He'll get to meet his little boy & you'll have a husband that you can actually, like, hug. How fun! Keep us posted!

Marisa Jean said...

YYYAAAYYY!!! I'm a little emotional reading this just because I don't know how you've gotten through this past year with everything he's had to go through. Having something tangible to hug and touch is amazing--something I'm certain you will never take for granted like so many of us do. Wahoo!

Stephers said...

Hey, I finally found you're blog. I didn't know that you had one! YIPPEEEEEE! I will add you to my list! Thanks for commenting on mine, you are so sweet and I would love to keep in touch!

Kandis Broadhead said...

OH yeah! I am so happy for you. It will be so nice to have him back and safe ground huh?!
We love you guys!

Ally said...

Not too much longer!!! I know as a sister, I'm super excited so I can only imagine how you guys are feeling! :) Love you both!

geminidreams59 said...

I can't wait to hear how your trip to Califonia went this weekend? I bet Shawn was simply overjoyed at seeing his family.. Hi hope your back is better and just wanted to say your all in my thoughts.

Michelle ...