CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Our Dog Mavrick

Our cute little dog, Mavrick celebrated his one year birthday on July 3rd. Instead of getting doggie treats and toys though, he spent the day in the dog house! He is such a good dog, but he has a destructive side that can be frustrating at times. He has stolen shoes, socks and a onesie before, and I've done my best to discipline him, but he won't stop taking our things. On the 3rd, Mavrick stole a bear that my mom made for me when I was 5 years old. I have kept it in good condition for all these years (24 to be exact) and he snuck it outside and ripped it apart. I'm worried about what he will do with baby toys in the future. We'll just have to keep working with him.

He is very protective of little William and I though, which is good since we are home alone quite a bit. Mavrick is also a good guard dog. He lets me know if something out of the ordinary is going on.
I can't wait for Shawn to come home and teach him more tricks. He can sit, lay down and roll over, but that is about it. Just in case you can't guess the breed, he is a blue heeler.


4 comments:

Kandis said...

I didn't even know you had a blog...I am so glad you left a post. Thanks so much..now I can blog stalk you!
We are so excited to be having another girl. Mostly because Elle wanted a sister so bad, and who doesn't want to give their kid everything?! So we are excited!
How are you guys?

Allison said...

We took 2nd in region. It was fun. I'm new to blogging also, but I'm getting addicted quick. I love to see pictures of everyones kids. Your son is so cute. I'm so happy for you guys. I'm so glad Bart gets to come home early!
How is Adrienne doing? How is the Magna ward?

Mary said...

My brother has a Blue Healer and has the same types of issues. One time the whole family was gone so they left the dog up in the boys bedroom. When my sister-in-law came home she was shocked to find that the dog had tried to dig his way out of the room, so the carpet was completely shredded! They had to replace it. But he is such a good friend to their boys. Hopefully you'll be able to break yours of any destroyer tendencies!

Marisa Jean said...

Yikes! Good luck with that. My father-in-law is trying to teach his new ranching dog things right now. It's not working so well. He says that he plays in the stream and with random stuff he finds in the valleys where the cows are far more than follows the lead of the head dog or the commands of the rancher. Hopefully Shawn will be able to trail better than Denny (my father-in-law).